When thinking about becoming an affiliate marketer there is some basic knowledge required in making the decision process when searching for a product and/or company to endorse. Most of it is simple, while some of it can become a bit complicated.
Here’s what I learned today.
When thinking about becoming an affiliate marketer there is some basic knowledge required in making the decision process when searching for a product and/or company to endorse. Most of it is simple, while some of it can become a bit complicated. Note how I will use affiliate marketing and internet marketing interchangably.
When a sista is working as an affiliate marketer they need to establish a criteria. By criteria, I mean that a sista has to decide what exactly they are looking for in terms of commission from a company. Questions to ask yourself:
- Do I want to be paid my affiliate marketing commissions weekly, bi-weekly or montly?
- Do I want to my affiliate commissions to be in check form?
- Do I want to earn a little bit of money – say 50% of a $20 product or am I looking to go high end and earn a few hundred bucks per affiliate sale?
- Would I or have I used that that I am endorsing? (Be honest.)
- Would I recommend this affiliate product to my friends and family? If not, should I really be endorsing it? Do I even care?
- Do I even care when, where or how the dough comes in – just as long as it comes?
No two companies are alike. When establishing your criteria, it is a good idea to be selective. I mean, you are the one busting a sweat for the dime.
Some things to keep in mind. Some companies when establishing your criteria:
- offer recurring income.
- offer two-tier affiliate commissions.
- offer a one-time commission.
- will pay you for a lead.
- will track your visitor for a lifetime.
- will track your visitor for only 7, 14, 30 or 60 days.
- will take your lead and not pay you for it :_)
Let’s face it girls. We can go and select the first affiliate program we see. Or, we can do what we do so darn well, analyze and assess. That’s right. You know i’m telling the truth.
I went shopping the yesterday. I spent about 2 1/2 hours in macy’s digging and scruffing through the clearance racks, trying on and trying off all sorts of fabulous wears. Here’s a glimpse into my thought process during my tenure – “A black blazer (I need this for work), a sequin top (got a wedding to go to next month), a hot red miniskirt (gotta get shoes to match this).”
After all that time spent running back and forth to those cute little price checkers and dressing rooms, I decided that I didn’t want any of it. Why? Because that is what I do best. PERIOD. I’m a sista. Need you know more.
All of that was said to teach you what I learned about making the decision to work as an affiliate marketer and earn affiliate commissions. Let me repeat. A sista has to establish a criteria. You have to be selective in your choice of companies and/or products to promote – Just as you are selective about which shoes to wear with that black dress.
Once that criteria is established, it will be a lot simpler for you to scan a company’s profile, eyeball the commission rate and payout time and make a decision on whether or not to work at promoting that particular product and/or service. Uhmmm.
Here’s a short list of affiliate programs from which a sista can choose:
**These are my affiliate links. Feel free to join with them.
No choose wisely. Your affiliate commissions are waiting….