Backlinks are a fundamental part of affiliate marketing, and if you are not doing everything you can to add to them, you will struggle to obtain traffic to your site. A backlink is a link pointing back to your site from a different website. You need to be doing a little every day to add to your backlinks in order to boost your website rankings, so underneath I have laid out seven ways of getting free backlinks, plus two paid ways.
1. Article marketing. If you are checking out this article on an article ezine, you will see a resource box at the base. This contains links to my sites. If you can write articles twice a week or more, and present them to many directories, you will add to your backlinks rapidly.
2. Blogging. Setting up a blog is free and it’s fun. Every time you post, give a link to your site and after that submit it to social bookmarking sites. This will get you more than a few important backlinks to your blog and to your site every time you post. Search engines love blogs so do this as much as probable.
3. Blog Commenting. Look for other individuals’s blogs and post useful comments. This is only legitimate if you post in blogs that permit links back to your site. Also, do correctly read the post and make genuine comments, otherwise you could be accused of spamming.
4. Forums. Spend time in online forums that are relevant to your business, and make sure you have a signature that has a hyperlinked keyword phrase to your site. Most forums posts stay online for a extensive time so this can give you backlinks for a long time. Of course, it’s important that you get correctly involved in forums, providing practical information and asking genuine questions. Spammers are marked very quickly and you could be banned if you just use them purely for the backlinks.
5. Link exchange. Ask other site owners if you can exchange links, by giving a link to their website on yours and vice versa. This is known as reciprocal linking, which is not as powerful as one-way linking, but is still worth while, particularly if your link partner has a high page rank.
6. Press releases. Send out a press release every time you provide a new product or service, or have some appealing news. Press releases contain links to your website that can create traffic immediately and in future.
7. Write Testimonials. If you join a business that has just launched, and are asked to write a testimonial, do it. These will be used in their sales pages and stay around for a long time, giving you valuable traffic. When you get the chance, offer to write testimonials for other people in exchange for a backlink.
Paid for backlinks
1. Buy Ezine Ads. If you purchase advertising in online magazines you will get a backlink to your site. Purchasing multiple ads will save money and time because you will only need one acquisition to be in several magazines.
2. Buy ads on blogs. You can offer to pay for a text link on someone else’s blog, and if they have a frequent readership this can give you huge exposure for your site as well as increased backlinks.
The above thoughts are the mainly well known ways to obtain backlinks, but you ought to continuously use your head to get as many free backlinks as you can (legitimately of course). If you do this regularly you will find your site rankings just keep moving up.
make money online