For all my sisters that are into digital photography, and/or photo taking, or perhaps you just want to treat yourself to a new digital toy….
I’d like to Introduce….. The Olympus E420 SLR
In my humble opinion, this digital camera was made for women. The Olympus E-420 is the world’s smallest digital SLR with all the features women need to take great pictures anywhere we go, every day and all day. You don’t have to be an expert photographer with this baby. The E-420’s Scene Select Modes makes you an instant expert — or you can convert to manual mode to expand your creative control. There’s a ton of features that are easy to understand and simple enough to operate.
The E-420 is small enough to fit into a pocketbook or a jacket pocket and light enough to take perfect shoots all day long. It measures at only 5.1 inches by 3.6 inches by 2.1 inches and has weighs in at a featherweight 13.4 ounces (less than a pound). Who said good things come in small packages? Sometimes they are right..
This is a digital camera was created for women with a certain lifestyle. Check out some of the features:
- 10 megapixels
- TruePic III image processor
- RAW and JPEG file formats
- 4/3 standard lens mount
- Auto and manual focus
- Auto and manual exposure
- Ergonomic grip (for our delicate hands)
Here’s some specs taken directly from Olympus.com
- The E- 420’s TruePic III™ processor gives you better color and quality through true-to-life skin tones, brilliant blue skies, precise color transitions, more detail and less image noise.
- Expand your creative reach with wireless flash compatibility. The E-420 is compatible with the Olympus FL-50R and FL-36R wireless electronic flashes that are designed exclusively for digital photography.
- With 18 easy to use Scene Select Modes you can simply select the right mode for your shot; the E-420 takes care of the rest. The 18 modes cover practically every common shooting scenario including Portrait, Fireworks, Sports, Landscape, Sunset and many more.
- As soon as you grab the E-420, you’ll notice how naturally it fits in your hand. The improved grip is ergonomically designed for superior comfort. The E-420’s body is lightweight and stylish so it’s a pleasure to carry and use for hours at a time.
- Accepting CompactFlash Type I & II, Microdrives, and xD-Picture Cards, the E-420 provides a choice of data storage options for enhanced flexibility, and it is possible to transfer image files from one card to the other right inside the camera.
- Perfect Shot Preview enables you to view and select your favorite effect right on the LCD, and see how the image will look before you even capture it.
- Fire of a burst of shots at 3.5 frames per second. The E-420’s burst rate is perfect for capturing the ideal shot at backyard birthday parties or at youth soccer games.
- The E420’s Auto White Balance function analyzes information from the scene and calibrates how a white object should appear under a variety of light sources, so your images turn out vibrant and life like.
- The benefits of the Four Thirds Mount on the E-420 are many. You get a digitally designed image sensor, a compact design, as well as expandability and compatibility with the rest of the Four Thirds System.
- Olympus’ Zuiko Digital™ lenses provide edge-to-edge pixel-perfect clarity. Unlike film lenses, these advanced, precision-engineered 100-percent digital lenses are designed to work perfectly with all the camera’s digital technology.
And a whole lot more….
Ladies, if you are at all interested in buying a digital camera, the Olympus 430 SLR is really a great option to consider. If you already own one and you live in New York, J&R Music world has $50 class that is JUST FOR WOMEN on Saturday September 20, 2008. The class will be instructed by Judy Herman and she’ll be teaching women exactly how to best use your 430 SLR. “Class instructor Judy Herman has been a leading professional, commercial photographer since 1994, specializing in still life and people photography. She is active with the ASMP – American Society of Media Photographers (originally the Society of Magazine Photographers).”
Location: J&R Downtown NYC
1 Park Row, 4th Floor
Class Date: Saturday, September 20 2008
More Info from Around the Web:
Best 2008 Digital SLR Cameras – Engineered mostly for: first time digital slr users, buyers with tight budget, students. We have Canon XS/1000D, Nikon D60, Olympus E-420, Pentax k200D and Sony A200. It is hard to determine which is the best cameras in this class …
Olympus E-420 SLR Digital Camera Kit with 14-42mm Lens and 40 … – The Olympus E-420 SLR Digital Camera has crammed into one of the smallest Digital SLR bodies available, all the features you need to take great pictures. The high resolution 10-megapixel Live-MOS image sensor captures exquisite detail, …