How to build a blog site and get on the web with my idea? That’s a question I keep getting from the ladies who are just getting online and learning how to become professional women in business. So I thought to myself, “if I can create a simple step-by-step plan that anyone could follow that would help to get up and running in the shortest time possible, I’d be helping all my sister friends out.”
With that said, here’s a simple guide on how to build a blog site with WordPress (my favorite blogging platform). You can use this guide and be up and running in no time. Don’t skip around though. Follow the steps in order to achieve maximum success.
- Find your niche. Your passion. You know; choose the topic your blog will be about.
- Head over to namecheap.com and grab yourself a good-looking domain name for your blog. Price range is about ten bucks and you can get hosting there too for less than $3 a month.
- Once you get that set up you have to install WordPress from your cpanel. Don’t get scared. It’s just a matter of clicking a few buttons, trust me on that one.
- Now fire up your favorite search engine and find yourself a blog theme. Don’t get too fancy. Look for something that says it’s search engine optimized. Something clean and fresh.
- Install your theme.
- Do your keyword research. In case you haven’t seen it, here’s a list of The top 22 Free Keyword Tools.
- Make your first post on your blog.
That’s it. Simple enough? I certainly hope so.If you get stuck, post a comment and I will certainly try to help.
Internet marketing women can be successful and they can make money. If you are here for the first time, then there’s an awful lot to go through. However, before you begin making any money online, there’s a few things you need to know how to do and one of them is knowing how to build a blog site.